Wednesday, July 8, 2009

FDA Links 28 Deaths to Gardasil in 2008

FDA Records Indicate 28 Deaths in 2008 Related to HPV Vaccine
The 2008 FDA records indicate there were 28 deaths and 235 cases of permanent disability in young girls who received the human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccine, better known in advertisements as the Gardasil. Parents might consider this information when making vaccine decisions.

"Actually there have been 47 deaths in all, but they are apparently unsure about the cause of some of the deaths. The FDA documented 6,723 'adverse events' related to Gardasil in 2008, of which 1,061 were considered 'serious,' and 142 considered 'life threatening.'"

http://www.judicialwatch.org/news/2009/jun/new-fda-records-obtained-judicial-watch-indicate-28-deaths-related-gardasil-2008


I find this to be very scary. Please arm yourself with information before allowing a doctor to give this to your child.

I didn't like the idea of this vaccine when it first came out. I don't feel that it is really protecting against a "life-threatening" disease. Yearly Paps are available to screen for cancer.

I've been through this all myself 10 years ago when it was discovered that I had precancerous cells on my cervix. The doctor cut out the bad cells and I haven't had any problems since then.

Our pediatrician and I chose to not give this to my daughters. She said we could wait and see since it was such a new vaccine. Since it's been out a few years, I was thinking about talking with our doctor about getting the vaccine during their next well-check this year if she felt it was safe. I don't think that I will allow any of my girls to have this vaccine!!!

For my family, I don't think this vaccine is the best choice. I am not anti-vaccines. I just don't want my daughter to be a guinea pig. If this vaccine is ever proven safe...then I will revisit the issue of vaccinating my daughters with it.

0 comments: