Monday, June 15, 2009

Birthday Thoughts



My...how the years have flown by. Fifteen of them to be exact. My first born baby is 15 years old today.

I feel happy and sad all at the same time.

I feel as though my time with her is running out. Only yesterday I was holding this beautiful 5lbs 12oz... 17in long...teeny little bundle of joy that I had waited all my life for.

The next time I blink, she'll be moving out...getting married...having her own babies. Its all going by soo fast.

I want to prolong every moment I have with her.

All I ever wanted to be when I grew up was a stay-at-home mom. I wanted to be there when my kids came home from school. I wanted to be there for them...always. I'm so thankful to God for allowing me to have that life. And we even took it a step further with His leading us to homeschooling. I've loved being able to spend so much time with them.

I look forward to the years we have ahead of us.

3 comments:

HeathahLee said...

Happy Birthday!

Yes, I've often told Kiddo that I was going to put a brick on his head to keep him from growing up. It hasn't worked yet. : )

Kat said...

Happy Birthday, Elizabeth!

Kat said...

Hey! I'd looooove for you to join me in the weight loss tracking. If you don't want to put your starting weight then DON'T. It's just about being accountable :) And really, thanks for being the lady at the scale ;)