Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Praying for Our President

I have committed to pray for our new president during the first 100 days in office through The Presidential Prayer Team. Now... this is a big deal for me because I did not vote for Obama. I did not want to see Obama as our next president. However, just because I want something doesn't mean I'll get it. Hey... that's a lesson I'm always trying to teach my girls.

Having said that...he is the President of the United States. That, in and of itself, deserves respect! Being the President is a tough job, although I have no personal experience in the matter. I'm sure he would appreciate all the prayers offered on his behalf. After all, God is good and He can do great things!

Won't you commit to pray for President Obama, as well as the staff that he chooses. And don't stop there...continue to pray for our government, they certainly need the help...and last, but not least, pray for our military! I pray that God will continue to bless America!


I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. --I Timothy 2:1-2

0 comments: