Thursday, January 15, 2009

Dressing Modestly

I was reading Sarah Mae's post about dressing modestly today. Which is something I've worked on in my own life. Its something that I want to pass on to my three daughters.

Luckily, my oldest daughter has never given me a bit of problem with her dress. She just isn't comfortable with showing off her body...even though she is beautiful. When it came to buying a swimsuit, she chose one with a skirt on it. Now...don't get me wrong...it is in no way a frumpy suit. It looks very good on her and it makes her more comfortable. I'm hoping the other two will follow her lead when it comes to dressing without too much revealing of ones self.

I came across this printable poster at Pure Freedom.org. I printed three for each of the girls to keep taped on their closet doors. It's a modesty test for your daughter's wardrobe. It also makes a great questionnaire for us moms to use with our wardrobe as well. Check out the site if you've never visited before. They have a lot of articles on raising christian young ladies.


Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing,
But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised.
Proverbs 31:30


1 comments:

HeathahLee said...

That verse was my favorite from the time I was a pre-teen until I was in college! I still love it!